BuzzFeed is looking for a creative thought leader to join our Sydney-based team as a Supervising Producer to mentor a team of video producers and produce compelling short and long-form video content (both branded and editorial). Reporting to the Head of Content, you’ll support creative direction, data-driven strategic thinking, and high-level production/post-production oversight, to ensure that team members are creating content that elevates both BuzzFeed and helps our brand sponsors achieve their marketing goals.
- Act as team lead for the Custom Video team in the development of custom videos (conceptualizing/writing, production/execution, post-production and distribution)
- Manage producers on the team across both branded and editorial work and provide guidance through BuzzFeed production best practices
- Manage the work of producers to ensure they are on time, within budget and aligned with technical and creative standards
- Work collaboratively with other creative leaders to translate client RFP’s, and quickly determine the best creative solution and direction within the BuzzFeed ecosystem
- Collaborate with Sales and Client Services team when out of process, or out of the ordinary circumstances arise
- Maintain oversight on all deliverables (pitches, treatments, video cuts, etc.) while allowing for final production approval at treatment and edit phase
- Partner with writers and creative producers to ensure initial ideas align with brand goals, maintain BF brand voice/ethos and can be performed within budget
- Collaborate with the Creative Operations team to ensure all production resources and budgets are in balance with the creative vision of all video productions
- Pitch directly to or brainstorm with clients (in person or over the phone) while representing BuzzFeed creative perspective at large
- Schedule team check-ins, provide high-level updates and ensure team members are up to speed on all necessary business communications
- Partner with Head of Content on select department projects
- Be an example and model of enthusiasm, professionalism, and empathy across all teams
- 5 + years experience working predominantly in digital video for major brands
- Creative presentation, persuasion and client-facing skills
- Background in conceptual, creatively strategic, and visual thinking
- Reel available for writing/directing of multiple digital platforms and formats
- Comfortable performing in an environment with tight timelines, and multiple projects at a time
- Familiarity with line-item production budgeting and timelines
- Self-starting, solution-oriented approach and ability to adapt and grow in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- High level of emotional intelligence for working at various levels, with both creative and technical partners
- Innovative thinking and an entrepreneurial mindset/vision a must
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... and more!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Male Locker Room Associates - Summit
Equinox, Summit NJ, US
Segment, San Francisco, CA
Core Systems Reliability Engineer
Cloudflare, San Francisco, Champaign IL, Austin TX
German Complaints Working Student/Intern
Senior Account Manager (French Speaking)
DICE, London, Greater London UK
Symplicity, Arlington, VA