BuzzFeed is looking for a thoughtful, articulate, detail-oriented person to serve as a Finance Analyst/Associate. You will support our FP&A requirements across multiple divisions, as well as have opportunities to work through strategic analysis and operational implementations across the Company. Responsibilities will include building FP&A models, supporting analysis for long-term planning, tracking essential business operational metrics and producing monthly financial/operational reports.
Beyond the traditional FP&A needs, we ask that you have a willingness to do the heavy lifting where necessary to support projects, the ability to tap into right-brain style thinking, and an interest in learning the Digital Media space.
This is a dynamic role that serves the finance department with abundant learning opportunities. You will report to an Associate and will include many opportunities to work with BuzzFeed’s top management. This is an ideal position for an individual who has gained finance experience at an investment bank, consulting firm, or accounting firm (transaction services preferred) and now looks for ways to apply those skills to a fast-growing entrepreneurial company.
- Create analyses that guide financial strategic decisions, including but not limited to the ability to forecast and pace revenue to highlight areas of risk and opportunity and optimize costs
- Support ad-hoc strategic analyses, developing essential insights that support projects
- Evaluate and develop business cases to support new product/format launches
- Help track operating metrics and reports; track and analyze important plans, macro and micro market trends, and operating metrics
- Oversee the budgets and forecasts across multiple divisions and support their strategic planning processes
- Collaborate with the Associate and business leads to implement operational change and lead conversations around important decisions being made at BuzzFeed
- Ability to communicate with Senior Leadership with the assistance of the Associate
- Ability to participate in discussions (independently) with junior/mid managers across the Division
- A cooperative, opinionated, entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong attention to detail
- 1+ years of Finance Experience at a top investment bank, consulting firm, or accounting firm (transaction services preferred)
- A strong interest in learning the Digital Media space
- Ability to communicate effectively with creatives
- Strong sense of discretion as it relates to flagging essential points and escalating issues as necessary
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth by work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.