Senior Research Manager, Ad Effectiveness (New York) at BuzzFeed
New York, NY
BuzzFeed, the media company for the social age, is hiring a Senior Research Manager whose focus will be on the implementation and analysis of advertising effectiveness studies for sponsored content across our distributed network and across devices.
Reporting to the Director of Ad Effectiveness, this role requires both strategic and tactical skill sets with an eye for numbers, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem-solving, and a strong command of digital and social media. The candidate must have a proven track record in data-rich analyses and have the ability to convert data into actionable insights and recommendations for our clients.
- Manage all parts of the research project cycle: design research questionnaires; support, document and manage client based projects; collaborate with internal operations on the implementation and management of research programs, including quality assurance; interpret data, write reports, and make actionable recommendations; present findings to account teams and potentially to clients
- Work cross-department to match appropriate research with clients, understand the best way to showcase results and distribute knowledge and develop expertise across client verticals and how that insight ties back to the business
- Develop strong working relationships with both internal and external clients and vendors with the ability to step in and respond to inquiries for lower level teammates. This includes handing client-facing interactions that involve deep education sessions and recaps
- Scope and execute large scale analyses and benchmarking; tying together insights together across verticals & platforms
- Work on ad hoc requests as needed
- A strong understanding of methodology, data & systems from a broad range of research providers, including emerging tools and methods
- Expertise in online research, campaign effectiveness, online recruitment, audience measurement, and market research is a must. Prior experience working with vendors such as Nielsen DBE (Vizu), GfK Dimestore, Millward Brown Digital/InsightExpress, etc.
- Experience developing surveys based on specific objectives and in analyzing raw data through the output of survey tools
- Ability to take the data beyond the facts to what it means and why we should care
- Ability to analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant insights and express those insights with passion and brevity, both visually and verbally
- Advanced knowledge of Excel a must. Intermediate PowerPoint or Keynote skills
- Proven ability to design, manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of native advertising and current trend in the digital marketplace
- 5-8 years of experience in research and data analysis
- Degree in Marketing Research or equivalent experience in statistics, marketing or psychology
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
See All Jobs at BuzzFeed
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.