Technical Account Manager
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for a motivated, curious individual to join our New York or Los Angeles Media Strategy team as a Technical Account Manager. The position will focus on BuzzFeed programmatic display advertising, analyzing data trends to make optimization decisions, and recapping performance to ensure positive campaign results. This position requires daily interaction with other other teams such as Account Management, Sales, Operations, and our external clients to ensure consistent and smooth delivery of all advertising campaigns. You will report to the Head of Media Strategy and Ad Operations.
- Set up, manage and optimize PMP campaigns across clients, platforms and technology partners
- Serve as client contact for any troubleshooting or performance issues
- Use programmatic spending channels to arm internal sales team with advertiser analytics to inform multi channel sales strategy regularly
- Provide regular performance insights to clients and sales detailing performance, recommending optimizations and proposing new opportunities to clients
- Collaborate with the Ad Tech team for testing additional features and products that will help achieve the goals of our display media partners and drive incremental advertiser value
- Identify relevant up-sell strategies with Client Success, Sales, and Ad Ops to increase revenue and operationalize PMP activity across broader sales organization
- Build and maintain ad unit architecture and taxonomy within DFP
- Provide directional expertise for ad tag troubleshooting and QA to our ad ops team
- Create weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to monitor spend activity across all deal IDs and programmatic spend
- Strong desire to learn more about ad technologies and how publishers monetize
- Previous knowledge in the programmatic landscape, ad operations, and especially DFP
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Experience and comfort in communicating with different audiences, tailoring messages accordingly
- Leverage creative thinking to resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur, and know when to escalate
- 3+ years’ experience in digital media
- Effective team player
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
Please send a resume and cover letter on why you are a good fit and interested in Client Services with BuzzFeed.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.