We currently have an opening for a Global Benefits Manager. Reporting to the VP, Compensation & Benefits, this person will take the lead on managing BuzzFeed's US and international benefit programs ensuring they are market competitive and cost-effective. This is a hands-on and consultative role, in which you will research, develop and administer employee benefit programs that are competitive while encouraging BuzzFeeders to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
This position is based in our New York City HQ. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and an employee stock option program. Not to mention, a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to no work on your birthday!
- Design, implement and administer our various domestic and international employee benefit programs, including, health, life, and disability insurance, retirement programs, among others covering 8 countries.
- Manage ongoing relationships with external consultants and suppliers (for example; benefits consultants, brokers and trustees).
- Work closely with consultants/brokers globally to conduct benchmark analysis to identify trends in industry and competitors to provide competitive and cutting edge benefits on a global basis.
- Design and implement communication programs to enhance the value of benefit programs and increase employee understanding and engagement.
- Establish and implement a quantitative scorecard process for selecting new benefits and evaluating the effectiveness and impact of current benefits programs
- Partner with the Finance team to manage and evaluate the cost of all benefits programs to optimize our global benefit plans cost and performance.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and international legal and disclosure requirements such as COBRA, HIPAA, and IRS (Section 125) Flexible Spending Account Programs and prepare and file required legal reports. Maintain benefit plan documentation including plan documents and policies.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders such as HRBPs, People Operations, Internal Communications, Legal, Finance, Tax, Payroll and various Committees to ensure efficient plan administration and excellent customer service to employees.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of progressive experience in the HR function with a minimum of 4 years of benefits experience. Both US and non-US benefits experience is required.
- Benefits experience in organizations known for innovative and competitive benefits.
- Advanced knowledge of Health & Welfare, 401(k), STD/LTD/FMLA and global wellness plans.
- Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to be consultative and pragmatic in program development and evaluation.
- Proven track record in directing staff/consultants and negotiating contracts/agreements.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience presenting to senior leadership teams.
- Exceptional business insight and strategic orientation.
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to handle high levels of ambiguity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing, fun environment.
- High degree of personal integrity.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in NYC!
- Potential to be featured and casted in a BuzzFeed Video
- Fun team outings
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.