BuzzFeed News seeks an experienced, creative, and motivated membership growth manager who will level-up and build the infrastructure to sustain our recently launched membership program. This person will run day-to-day operations and will be highly engaged with our audience, focusing on converting loyal readers into BuzzFeed News members and providing them with a satisfying experience.
The membership growth manager will need to be innovative and genuinely interested in workshopping and developing new and creative events, exclusives, and other relationship-building programs with the BuzzFeed News audience.This person will do this while embedded in the newsroom, and working with desk editors and collaborate with the data, product, marketing, and business teams to grow revenue and measure program success.
The candidate will be dedicated to finding creative, competitive, and forward-thinking ways to monetize BuzzFeed News’s one-of-a-kind journalism, and the voice it brings to the internet era.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee membership offerings, marketing campaigns and member events
- Connect our audience with our journalists and their work by providing high-value experiences and content for our members
- Experiment with attracting members through a variety of different content formats
- Manage program marketing and optimization on both the site and platforms, as well as paid acquisition
- Plan swarms around scoops and major news alongside editors and reporters, including member-only communications and events
- Collaborate with business, research, product, and data teams to provide insight into membership program health
- Define ambitious membership goals and prepare reporting around monetization benchmarks for stakeholders
- Work with platform partners on joint membership growth initiatives
- Craft publishing strategy for membership promotion and communicate best practices to the broader newsroom
- Have experience running a successful membership program and events in a news organization, non-profit, or related field
- Have practical experience in the email marketing functions tied to a membership program
- Know how to productively collaborate across business, tech and editorial functions
- Have experience with revenue and audience data reporting and measurement
- Have excellent organization and communication skills
- Want to work in a fast-paced and dynamic newsroom environment
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
- Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, and beverages
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 17 cities around the world and more than 1100 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.