Learning & Development Manager
BuzzFeed is looking for an innovative Learning & Development Manager to help manage its rapid growth in Los Angeles. Reporting to the Head of Learning & Enrichment, you will identify training needs, design materials, and facilitate engaging learning programs across the organization.
The is a full-time position based in our Los Angeles office. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and an employee stock option program, not to mention a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to special events and screenings.
- Build and maintain an understanding of key business objectives and operations, through strong engagement with leaders and employees. Use that knowledge base to proactively prioritize, develop, lead and deliver programs.
- Partner closely with other members of the People Team to implement BuzzFeed’s talent development strategy.
- Experience leading initiatives that increase employee engagement, drive career development, and maximize team performance.
- Use measurement and reporting methodologies to evaluate, improve and prioritize programs.
- Engage subject matter experts across the organization to develop and deliver content.
- Instructional design of training materials such as workbooks, presentations, decks and one-sheets.
- Create learning on demand content such as e-learning, infographics and video tutorials.
- Lead local onboarding efforts as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and translate business needs into appropriate and relatable learning programs in a fast paced environment.
- Innovative thinker who has a bias for action and experimentation.
- Strong presentation skills that resonate with different audiences.
- Known for establishing and maintaining credibility with senior leadership.
- Self-starter who can adapt quickly and manage multiple projects in a constantly changing environment.
- Media / entertainment industry experience or knowledge a plus.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1300 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We infuse hard work and fun though a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing hard work and fun. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some classes we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
Technical Sourcer (Contract to Hire)
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Executive Assistant to the EVP of Broadcaster Success
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Palantir Technologies, Sydney, Australia
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
People Business Partner
Grindr, HQ - West Hollywood