BuzzFeed is looking for a versatile and experienced Content Producer to curate and distribute original content for BuzzFeed's owned and operated platforms, posts and quizzes on BuzzFeed.com.
The Content Producer will have a understanding and passion for the digital, pop culture and lifestyle landscape with intimate knowledge of what’s happening in the world of social media, content, and latest technology/platforms. You will contribute high-quality written content across a variety of topics and formats, lead and take part in team brainstorms, ensure output, and respond to learnings and feedback. You have a passion for creative work across all verticals and disciplines, and collaborate very well with other creative producers.
- Create excellent, original content that will delight (and help grow) BuzzFeed’s enormous audience
- Be a thoughtful, creative writer across a variety of genres, disciplines, frames and formats
- Brainstorm, pitch, and copy-edit posts
- Use data from relevant platforms (GA, Looker) to inform future content ideas, drive results, and develop audiences
- Distribute content (video, posts, social assets) across BuzzFeed’s social platforms and help develop social strategies
- Work on tight deadlines to deliver work that exceeds expectations on time every time
- While not essential, willingness to collaborate on branded projects and create co-branded advertising on BuzzFeed is a plus
- Opportunity to collaborate on BuzzFeed videos, including videos for BuzzFeed’s media brands, such as Proper Tasty, Bring Me, Nifty, As/Is, and more
- Further develop BuzzFeed’s brand and business in the UK
- 2+ years of written content experience
- Autonomy in viral/creative idea generation and execution – identifies trends and acts upon them
- Experience writing funny, engaging content across different formats and verticals
- Proficient in Photoshop, After Effects a plus
- Experience using social platforms and an interest in what drives people to share content on the web
- An understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat, and Twitter and why the most popular stuff on these platforms becomes popular, and an ability to identify social trends fast
- A team player with great energy and attitude. Can take direction and collaborate well with others
- Experience working quickly and efficiently while keeping a cool head under pressure
- A competitive drive, no matter what tools you are provided with
- A positive, curious disposition with an active interest in figuring out what makes an audience tick
- Experience with creating and editing video content desirable, but not essential – an interest will do
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 14 cities around the world and more than 1200 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality and humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
Please send a resume and cover letter on why you are a good fit and interested in working at BuzzFeed and must provide a reel/sample portfolio of work by a web viewing link.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Game Designer, Lion Studios
AppLovin, San Francisco, CA
Senior Reporter, Recode
Vox Media, NY, SF
Food Production Team Member, Swing Shift
Sun Basket, Valmeyer, Illinois
QA Manager, Lion Studios
AppLovin, San Francisco, CA
Editorial Data Analyst
Newsday Media Group, Melville, NY
Group Nine Media
Associate Motion Graphics Editor
Group Nine Media, The Dodo