Brand Marketing Manager, Media Labs Animation
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
Media Labs is a new experimental content space at BuzzFeed - a place for new technology, art, crazy ideas and motivated people. Media Labs is an exciting, energetic team developing completely unique and compelling content and products.
This new position focuses on the success of our character-inspired IP and reports directly to the Head of Media Labs. You will support and work collaboratively with our teams, notably Sales, PR and Licensing, to meet business goals. You will develop promotional, branded, and licensing opportunities for IP such as The Good Advice Cupcake, The Land of Boggs and Weird Helga.
You are a passionate self-starter who is knowledgeable in brand and social media marketing with a love of animation and products. You are knowledgeable of licensing and product development. We are looking for someone who brings excitement to everything they do who is an exceptional problem solver. You will develop promotional, branded, and licensing opportunities with all partners, and lead honing the narrative of our brands to increase our growth.
- Shape a successful Media Labs vision for our character IP
- Establish and support a culture of innovation, leadership, urgency, and collaboration
- Meet with team leads across the company to discover internal opportunities for our character-inspired IP
- Develop promotional strategies
- Think creatively to uncover new ways to connect with and explode the growth of our audiences
- Partner with online and brick and mortar spaces to create exciting fresh experiences
- Partner with our PR team to increase brand visibility
- Develop branded content opportunities
- Partner with Sales to develop advertising opportunities
- Manage the development of branded pitches
- Develop licensing opportunities
- Collaborate with the Licensing team to find and develop new deals in all product categories, including apparel and accessories, toys and games, and publishing
- Support Dev Leads pursuing content licensing such as TV and FB shows
- Support Licensing to help manage existing licensing deals
- Create decks and track data for the success and upkeep of projects
- Manage the creative process to ensure proper development of projects
- Build comprehensive cross-platform campaigns for projects on BuzzFeed's owned, operated and distributed platforms
- Proactive on projects and can work independently on a team - you do not need to be micromanaged
- Motivated and excel at an extremely fast pace
- Great at time and task management - you know when to take on tasks and when to delegate
- Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
- Able to understand the big picture as well as perform more administrative tasks
- Passionate about animation and social media, and trends in the product and content space
- Able to encourage communication with clients, partners, other teams, artists and content creators
- 4+ years of brand management and licensing experience, preferably within the digital content space
- Expertise in Google Apps (slides, docs, sheets)
- Experience in the animation industry is a plus
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth by work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Paid Search & Programmatic Marketing Manager
letgo, New York
Create Your Own
Enjoy, Menlo Park, CA
App Annie, Tokyo
Partner Marketing Manager
InfluxData, San Francisco
Marketing & Communications Intern
SelfMade, New York HQ
Senior Director Purpose Communications
Visa, San Francisco CA, US