BuzzFeed News is seeking an experienced London-based AP/Editor with strong editorial judgement for an upcoming weekly talk show about what’s popular in television. The AP will be tasked with some scripting and research, pulling elements, editing, and clipping the show each week, and scheduling out social media posts.
The ideal candidate has experience editing a live-to-tape show, a deep understanding of Twitter, and has a strong command of the television landscape and the conversations that unfold around TV on social media. Candidates must be detail-oriented, creative thinkers and leaders with an ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
This role is 3 days/week, Wednesday-Friday. Candidates must be available to start May 27 for 13 weeks.
- Assisting senior producer and host with scripting and research
- Ingesting/managing show record media and sending to BuzzFeed HQ for archive
- Editing, exporting and delivering show clips using Adobe Premiere/Media Encoder
- Scheduling social posts
- Some show edits in post production using Adobe Premiere
- Delivering branded segments to show sponsor
- Collaborating with digital audience and curation teams on editorial and social video
- Following tight deadlines/timelines in a fast-paced production environment
- 3-5 years of AP/Editor experience, ideally for a digital show or one prioritizing digital/social engagement. Experience in branded content a plus too.
- Extensive knowledge of the television landscape, including streaming services, popular shows/characters/conversations, and the shows capturing the current zeitgeist.
- Strong editorial judgement
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and handle quickly-evolving news situations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and stay organized in a high-pressure news environment
- Quick turnaround (same-day) live-to-tape production experience
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
First Look Media
Diretor(a) de Vídeo, The Intercept Brasil
First Look Media, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Data Science Online Course Instructor (Part-Time, Contract)
Render Technical Director (TD)
Lytro, Mountain View, CA
Producer, Live Broadcast
Accuweather, Headquarters - State College, PA
Hypebeast, New York