BuzzFeed News is looking for a brilliant, bold, boundlessly ambitious reporter to join our award-winning investigative team.
We’re looking for someone with the ability to conceive and land major stories that shine a spotlight on corruption or injustice and get serious results. Candidates with an interest in exposing the social injustices that bear most heavily on minority communities are especially welcome. And you should be excited about using a new media ecosystem — one where big news breaks first on the web and spreads across social media — for the timeless goals of holding power accountable and making change.
We’re open to candidates with a range of experiences, based anywhere in the US, and especially in candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Report like a pit bull, write like an angel
- Find and execute stories that hold people or institutions accountable and that spur serious change
- Generate a constant stream of big, bold ideas for new investigations
- Think innovatively about ways of presenting investigations and telling stories for the social web
- Work individually on some stories and as part of the team on others
- Be willing and able to jump into fast-moving stories and use your investigative smarts to turn up new lines, as well as long-term projects that require patience, nerve, and strategy
- Cultivate a diverse range of contacts who provide a stream of information, tips, and leaks
- Be able to conceive of major investigative projects big enough to make waves in the news and get serious results
- Write sparkling, incisive copy — whether it’s a punchy news report or a spellbinding narrative
- Get anyone from great-grandmothers to government ministers to tell you their secrets
- Be willing to do all the grunt work that comes before the glory — such as poring over public records, company reports or court documents until you need new glasses
- Think about how to tell the story during the reporting, looking for colorful details about character and narrative that will make the copy sing
- Be forensic in your information-gathering and obsessively accurate in your writing — right down to the tiniest, least significant detail
- Understand the social web, both as a distribution channel and a reporting resource
- Want to work at a place that revels in both the serious and the fun in an atmosphere of mutual respect.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Homepage & Email Editor
Refinery29, New York
Inventory Control Team Member
Sun Basket, Westampton, New Jersey
Video Editor - Temp
Newsday Media Group, Melville, NY
HERO Digital, San Francisco, CA (HQ)
Producteur délégué (Line Producer)
Moment Factory, Montréal
Freelancen bij Dept