BuzzFeed is looking for a creative, passionate, and resourceful Supervising Producer for Ladylike, one of BuzzFeed’s most popular brands, an ensemble cast of five women from diverse backgrounds with more than 3 million subscribers on YouTube and thousands of followers on social media. You will be a full-fledged people manager and team lead with an understanding of video production and brand development, along with the know how to develop on-screen talent and pursue and create opportunities for their team. You know how to help your reports evolve and pursue their goals, and set and manage expectations to also meet overall company goals. You'll manage direct reports, assist with video production, coordinate resources and budgets, and work with our editorial and business teams.
You'll need a brand management background and expertise in women’s lifestyle content areas, including beauty, fashion, and body positivity, substantial management experience, a history of advancing the careers of talent and creating brands, and a very strong set of problem-solving skills. You should also have a network of contacts to support external PR and partnership opportunities. We're looking for an organized, collaborative communicator who can rally a team and build on big projects and goals; someone who can not only think big and put a strategy in place to grow a thriving brand into a household name, but can also execute.
- Lead brainstorms, mentor producers, and give applicable creative notes and final approval on videos with team and partners
- Schedule and run efficient check-ins and other meetings with the team
- Encourage new ideas and experimentation while celebrating and iterating on successful content
- Set measurable performance goals and timelines for their team while offering meaningful data insights
- Explore both internal and external opportunities to grow and promote our talent and brand
- Understand strategic company priorities and how the team(s) supports and fits into these goals
- Keep track of budgets on a team and project basis
- Develop our marketing and promotion plans for talent programs and content slate
- Be a our partner to build on revenue goals
- 5+ years of experience in video production with people management experience
- Talent management experience that has led to both press and business opportunities; talent agency experience preferred
- Understanding of the digital landscape and passionate about keeping up-to-date with developments in web platforms
- Native Facebook and YouTube user with a natural understanding of their ecosystems
- Passionate about data, analytics, with their finger on the pulse of viral trends in short and long-form digital video
- Experience working on complex video shoots and projects from beginning to finish, and delivering them on time and on budget
- Understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video's performance
- Experience giving creative notes, workshopping creative ideas and giving technical notes
- Low ego, high emotional intelligence, direct and supportive communication style
- Must be a DOer. Someone who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and do the job themselves if you have to
- No formal cover letters, please.
- Include a paragraph in your application with a link to a Ladylike video published within the last year that you think did really well, and explain why you thought it was a good video.
- Please list 1-2 things you think Ladylike could do to maximize the reach of the brand that we aren’t.
- Attach a resume.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth by work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Another Company, CDMX, Mexico
Eater Chicago Reporter - Freelance
Vox Media, Chicago
Senior Copy Manager
Man Crates, San Mateo, CA USA
Graphic Designer | Entertainment & Luxury
The Marketing Arm, Los Angeles
Storm Warning Meteorologist
Accuweather, Wichita, KS