BuzzFeed is looking for a dynamic, motivated, digital sales person with a passion for social content-driven advertising. You’ll introduce our full suite of advertising products to brands and agencies, and collaborate with our product and account service teams to see to it that the programs are implemented to maximum long-term client satisfaction. You should have previous experience and an entrepreneurial leaning that will allow you to quickly get up to speed on our products and begin generating revenue.
- Introduce our products to brands and agencies through meetings, speaking opportunities, and written materials
- Reach and exceed individual sales goals while contributing to overall team goals
- Prospect, penetrate and create new relationships with advertising agencies and clients
- Develop relationships at all levels from CMO to Brand Managers to Agency Buyers
- Provide feedback to our product and business teams about the needs and successes in the market
- Collaborate with our Mexico editorial teams to introduce sponsorship opportunities around new editorial launches
- Identify and understand trends within social media and digital marketing
- Strong focus on being able to analyze data and use it to grow the business
- 4+ years of previous digital sales experience
- Experience at a leading publisher or social media platform
- Strong track record of success driving revenue through discovering, prospecting, creating new business and growing and retaining existing business
- Strong writing skills
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills and an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client
- An understanding of social ad products like Facebook Sponsored Stories and Promoted Tweets
- Passionate about social advertising and new media
- Demonstrable knowledge of the online advertising industry
- Ability to work in a fast moving company and industry
- Skilled in crafting presentations and written pitch materials a plus
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We’d also like you to share 3-5 links to BuzzFeed posts (editorial and/or video) published within the last year that you think did really well on social media, and explain why.
- Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog
- Attach a resume
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1600 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Designer / Frontend Engineer (DC, SF, NYC, Remote)
Nava, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer (Web), Sales and Marketing Platforms
Square, San Francisco CA, US
Calm, San Francisco
Head of Service Management
Airbnb, San Francisco, CA
Software EntwicklerIn (m/w/d)