Post Production Assistant (project based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Post Production Assistant to join our Los Angeles team in a project-based capacity.
- Report to Post Production Coordinators and Supervisors for daily tasks
- Create and Organize production materials on set (camera and sound logs)
- Prep DIT kits (laptops and hard drives) for shoots
- On set DIT - Ingest and Transcode Footage
- Collect administrative paperwork
- Run office errands
- Media manage and archive projects
- Perform copy changes and logo swaps for edits upon request
- Create music cue sheets
- Identify problem areas quickly and pose creative solutions
- Quality Control for final assets
- Successfully complete daily tasks, while keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Communication or related field
- At least 1 year experience working on set or in a post production environment
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines
- Working knowledge of Post Production and Production process and equipment
- Familiarity with codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
- Familiarity with Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
- Willingness to learn and evolve within a team environment
- Inspired to learn more about the technical side of Post Production
- Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
- Proactive, Positive team player
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our colleagues. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Service Delivery Leader
Cloudreach, Atlanta, GA, United States, Chicago, IL, United States, Dallas, Texas, United States, New York, NY, United States, Norfolk, Virginia, United States, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, Reston, Virginia, United States, Vancouver, Canada
Principal, Advisory Services
Segment, San Francisco, CA
Imperfect Produce, Boston
Logistics Operations Manager
Samsara, San Francisco
Part-Time Customer Operations Specialist
Buyer, Procurement Operations
Indigo, Memphis, TN