BuzzFeed is searching for a photo researcher for BuzzFeed.com. You have knowledge of photo rights and sourcing. You have an understanding of the DMCA and experience tracking down hard-to-source photos for posts across all editorial teams.
This is a paid 3-month contract position in either the New York or Los Angeles offices and is available to start immediately.
- Research images with sources that cannot be found
- Yield requests and respond to requests
- Keep track of photo licensing for the BFDC team
- Look over and fix posts that are trending on BuzzFeed.com for improper sourcing
- Download Getty Premium and other image services that not all writers have access to
- Correspond with paparazzi agencies and photo services on trending images
- Support placement and choice of images for freelance articles and submissions
- Knowledge of metadata strategy with archival best practices
- Catalogue images for both digital and hard copies
- Experience working with digital asset management teams
- Have great relationships with contacts including image libraries and picture contributors
- On the pulse of trending photo needs including pop culture, entertainment and celebrity features
- Are up-to-date with rules and regulations governing the use of images
- 2+ years of experience
- High emotional intelligence
- Strong research skills
- Extremely organized and efficient
- Ability to take perspective of others
- Data-driven nature with strong attention to detail
- A competitive drive — you enjoy winning, really going for it
- A positive, curious and playful disposition
- Send us a short explanation of why you would be a good fit for this role
- Your resume
Life at BuzzFeed
we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion and humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Backstage, Brooklyn, NY
Head of Development, Crunchyroll Originals
Ellation, San Francisco or Los Angeles
Landor, New York
VP, Vox TV Longform
Vox Media, NY
Kurtosys, Cape Town, Claremont, South Africa
Social Media Intern (Summer)
Girlboss, Los Angeles