BuzzFeed has an opening for an experienced Accounts Payable Associate in our NYC office. Reporting to our Accounts Payable Manager, you are responsible for auditing travel and entertainment expenses using Concur, processing invoices, monitoring AP inboxes, working with domestic and international offices on invoices due for payment, and other AP tasks.
As a member of a small but mighty team, you will directly guide the ability of the Accounting team to support BuzzFeed's growing business. A passion for process, a client-focused mindset, are necessary for this role. Additionally, as with any position involving financial responsibility, a sharp eye for detail is paramount.
You will be based in our NY office and will report to the Accounts Payable Manager. You must be able to work on site 40 hours a week in a temp to potentially perm capacity.
- Audit travel and entertainment expenses using Concur
- Provide end-user support for Concur and monitor support inbox by Zendesk daily
- Follow up on all outstanding credit card activity and assist with monthly reconciliation
- Process invoices ensuring approval and accuracy of data entered
- Process manual invoices for international subsidiaries ensuring bills are properly billed and approved
- Set up new vendors following IRS 1099 regulations and internal requirements
- Answer all AP inquiries in billing inbox by Zendesk daily
- Maintain vendor contact regarding payment details, reconciliation and overdue/missing invoices
- Handle all incoming mail and mailing out checks weekly
- Provide internal customer service for any inquiries regarding invoice/payment status
- Support other Accounts Payable projects
- Degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years Accounts Payable experience preferred
- Proficiency in Concur Expense & Invoice strongly preferred
- Proficiency in NetSuite
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (can perform complex functions)
- Knowledge of 1099 regulations for vendors
- Strong customer service skills and comfort communicating with diverse audiences
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth by work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Financial Accounting & Advisory Services, Senior Director
Accordion Partners, New York
FP&A Financial Analyst
Okta, San Francisco
SDET - Quality Assurance
Icertis, Pune Area, India
2019 Associate Technical Project Manager, New Graduate
Yext, Washington, D.C.
Finance Business Transformation Manager
Dropbox, Dublin, Ireland