BuzzFeed is looking for a Campus Services Director to lead the Los Angeles campus office services operations. This role is essential to the everyday smooth workings of the Los Angeles BuzzFeed population within 9 buildings, totaling over 200k sq ft of both interior and exterior campus space.
You have a office services management background, essential knowledge about studio and stage operations functionality, expertise in supporting a diverse creative client and experience managing vendors and mentoring staff. The Director should maintain relationships with service providers and food service teams, both internal and third-party and Landlord-supplied.
The role will report to the VP, Facilities, Real Estate and Security, and will partner with the Los Angeles Campus Facilities Director, the Director of Studio Operations, the Director of Physical Security, VP of IT, and the local LA Office Services Staff. The role will manage five full time employees and potential freelance staff.
- Ensure smooth daily office services operations for the BF LA campus population of 400+ headcount
- Keep up the positive and diverse culture of BF LA
- Oversee the ordering, inventory and vendor management of all LA-based office services needs, including food service, snacks, consumables, office supplies, plant maintenance, etc.
- Track and provides monthly reports on all budget spend, to include information on lunches/snacks costs per head per month
- Oversee the management of the LA mailroom and Receptionist/front desk operations
- Manage all move-related logistics and space planning
- Ensure that all floor plans are up-to-date
- Partners with the Director of Physical Security on all emergency evacuation planning and drills
- Participate in campus-wide event planning
- Plan budgets, capital expenses and projects
- Oversee the LA parking planning and assignments
- Liaison with Landlord for all supplied services, including parking shuttles, valet attendants and maintenance
- Assist with construction project management
- Master user of office services help desk ticketing system
- Partners with BF HR management and Communications team to ensure internal information is communicated
- Support Office Services team’s needs during space planning and moves
- 24x7 support of all building systems
- 5+ years experience leading a customer service org, ideally within a media company or studio system
- Have a flexible schedule that will allow for early arrivals and late nights on occasion
- High level of emotional intelligence with experience building relationships with peers
- Experience reading Construction Drawings and MEP technical plans
- Previous experience in construction buildout process
- Understanding of facilities management
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks on tight deadlines, lead projects, and react quickly in time-sensitive scenarios
- Ability to train talent within the department
- Positive, thoughtful attitude!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth by work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.