BuzzFeed News is looking for an experienced, inspired journalist to take a lead role in our world-class newsroom and in building a strong news business.
This role will be responsible for high-level decisions — particularly around pursuing external partnerships and opportunities to build on our trailblazing journalism — and for representing BuzzFeed News internally and externally: With current and potential partners; BuzzFeed’s business development arm; advertisers and BuzzFeed’s advertising department; our nascent membership program; and in building a news events business. The role will also involve managing some internal teams, particularly the ones connected to operations and partnerships.
This is a role for a person who understands that the core of our business is ambitious journalism -- and who is obsessed with making the news smart, efficient, and financially sustainable.
This role will work closely both with senior editors and other senior leaders at BuzzFeed, and report to the editor-in-chief.
- Experience reporting and/or editing high-stakes stories.
- Significant experience in newsroom leadership
- Experience in some of the business functions of news
- Experience managing people and budgets
- A track record of making creative partnerships and/or deals.
- Love for news in all its forms.
- Oversight of newsroom budget and operations
- Managing relationships internal relationships with our membership, commerce, and sales teams
- Managing and expanding relationships with partners, including non-profit organizations
- Shaping and executing an events strategy for BuzzFeed News
- Exercising judgement and at times policing the line between journalism and business.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
- Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, and beverages
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 17 cities around the world and more than 1100 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Interactive Designer (Design Systems)
HERO Digital, Cupertino, CA
First Look Media
Investigative Researcher, The Intercept (and Field of Vision)
First Look Media, New York, NY
Senior Producer, Live Ops (The Walking Dead: RTS)
Scopely, Culver City, CA
Customer Success Engineer - Java - Python
Scopely, Culver City, CA
Twitch, San Francisco, CA