Associate Social Media Strategist, YouTube (project-based)
BuzzFeed, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is seeking an Associate Social Media Strategist to focus on video publishing strategy for some of the most beloved brands and shows on YouTube. This position will use data to inform decisions, and will collaborate closely with brand partners to ensure that our content is being released in the most optimal way across YouTube and more.
You are obsessed with digital content and data and would be able to understand and summarize how and why certain videos blow up — where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
You're able to navigate a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with efficiency and maturity and will build trust and communicate with external stakeholders often. We’re looking for a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills who is excited about social media.
A passion and knowledge of television shows such as Today and shows on networks including E! and Bravo is a huge plus!
This is a 40 hour/week, project-based role, on-site in our New York City office, starting ASAP through the end of the year, with the potential to extend.
- Plan, schedule, publish, optimize and analyze video and distributed content releases across multiple YouTube channels.
- Completely and wholly owns their initiatives from a publishing point-of-view; has all the answers and if they don’t, they will own finding the answer.
- Organize, analyze, and report findings and learnings with both internal and external stakeholders
- Establishes a consultative relationship with both internal and external stakeholders, including executives.
- Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple YouTube channels and other social media channels.
- Has the foresight to anticipate issues in workflow or content performance and present manager with possible actionable solutions. Able to think outside the day-to-day to find creative scalable solutions (i.e.: work smarter not harder).
- Use knowledge of online video to present our videos in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach and impact.
- Acts as an advisor for new initiatives; a respected thought leader to help teams throughout the company crack new content areas and formats.
- Deep knowledge of YouTube platform best practices, ideally YouTube Certified
- Deep enthusiasm for experimenting with content and strategy to optimize for key metrics
- Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video’s performance
- Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
- Enthusiasm for digging into data and analytics and partnering with data teams
- Knowledge of the online video ecosystem, especially YouTube
- Native YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit user
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Must have excellent writing skills
- Responds to a fluctuating workload with a positive attitude and is always ready to tackle new challenges!
- Ability to handle multiple priorities - a tireless work ethic never hurts!
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We’d also like you to share 3-5 links to videos posted on a BuzzFeed YouTube channel (published within the last year) that you think did really well and explain why.
- Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog
- Attach a resume
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- No shortage of perks, snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Services Strategy & Operations Analyst
Addepar, New York, NY
Channel Account Manager - ANZ
Bluebeam, Inc., Brisbane
115 - Senior AWS Big Data Engineer
NorthBay Solutions, Columbus or Cincinnati, OH, Boston, MA, New York, NY or Charlotte, NC.
Skillz, San Francisco
Senior Ruby Engineer
Learning & Development Manager
StepStone, La Jolla, CA, New York, NY, United States