Reporting to the Senior Culinary Manager, the Culinary Producer will help create original content across Tasty’s digital platforms. You will be the lead culinary producer -- a culinary authoritative gut check for video/series ideas with a focus on execution, doability and virality for all original series and can hire and train freelance culinary staff. You will partner closely with video producers to ensure all culinary needs from testing, shopping to styling and more are accomplished in a timely and organized manner and within budget.
- Be the lead culinary producer, food stylist, recipe developer and shopper for Tasty original content
- Take the producers’ most abstract recipe concepts and make them a reality
- On-set culinary voice that uses digital content’s best practices to help dictate what works best on-screen
- Schedule and manage freelance culinary producers, food stylists, recipe developers and culinary production assistants for both Youtube long-form series and recipe/editorial top-down digital videos
- Coordinate with the Line Producer to manage budgets and on-set expectations
- Train new freelancers on Tasty procedure and recipe style guide
- Assist with recipe development and prep for short-form recipe digital videos
- Perform other work related tasks
- Ensure compliance with health regulations in accordance to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety guidelines
- 4+ years of food service experience
- 2+ years of digital food media experience
- Formal culinary training is preferred, but not mandatory
- Strong interpersonal written and communication skills
- Strong organization and multitasking skills
- Strong knowledge of Tasty video content and understanding of our overall point of view on food
- Comfortable working with many members of the leadership team, producers, residents, program managers and fellows
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible and willing to modify plans
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to occasionally work on evenings and weekends
- Unwavering commitment to working safely at all times
- Experience on set and a comfort level performing in higher stress set environments
- Comfort level and professionalism with talent
- Please submit your application, along with a Cover Letter and Resume
- Please include links to published work, either print or digital
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth by work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Beauty Editor, Branded Content
Refinery29, New York
Associate Video Producer
Cheddar, New York
Junior Writer - Creditcards.com
Red Ventures, Austin, TX
Head of Calm Music
Calm, Los Angeles
First Look Media
Audience Engagement Producer, The Intercept
First Look Media, New York, NY
Fullstack Software Engineer