Senior Software Engineer
BuzzFeed, New York, Los Angeles, Minneapolis or London
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed’s Data Infrastructure Group is looking for an experienced yet eager-to-learn engineer to help build the infrastructure that powers our analytics products. Our group’s mission is to provide an integrated, reliable, scalable platform that empowers teams across BuzzFeed to make data-driven decisions and build data-driven products.
BuzzFeed has used technology and data to guide and scale its business from day-one. Today our data pipeline supports more than 500 applications and ingests close to 2TB of data every day. We’re looking for an engineer who understands how good tools can shape company culture, and who is excited about taking BuzzFeed’s data-driven strategy to the next level.
We offer a great compensation package with stock options, full benefits (401k matching), and tasty perks - including catered lunch twice a week, a well stocked kitchen and bagel Fridays. We host team outings and special events like music breaks and summer film series.
What you'll do:
- Help drive the optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality
- Span languages as needed, depending on the data processing framework in use
- Collaborate with other software engineers, ML experts, and others, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day
- Work with a mix of battle-tested and cutting edge technologies in a distributed ecosystem
- Help teams across the organization understand how they can use our data to make better, quicker decisions
- Architect, build and launch new data models that provide thoughtful analytics to editors and engineers alike
Who you are:
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- You take pride in designing beautiful, efficient systems and take design and code reviews seriously
- You are passionate about helping drive decisions by providing reliable, high-quality data
- Experience with Go and Python
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, and birthday treats
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Application Security Engineer
Workfront, Lehi, Utah, US
Tapingo, Tel Aviv
Platform R&D Engineer (Connected Car/IoT)
Android Software Engineer, Experiences
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Senior iOS Engineer
Envoy, San Francisco
Senior Client Admin Assistant
Kobalt Music Group, London