BuzzFeed Japan is looking for a smart, forward-thinking, and client service-oriented individual to lead the company’s advertising account management function. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web to its global audience of 200M--and is bringing this content to Japan.
You will be one of the first business hires leading our advertising business for BuzzFeed Japan alongside other business leaders and reporting to the CEO. BuzzFeed Japan is a joint venture between BuzzFeed and Yahoo! Japan to launch BuzzFeed in the Japanese market. BuzzFeed Japan will leverage the strengths of BuzzFeed and Yahoo! Japan to rapidly grow traffic and native advertising sales. The company's editorial team will create news, entertainment and lifestyle content for BuzzFeed Japan's site. The company's business team will create innovative native advertising, which will be sold by Yahoo! Japan's sales team to clients in Japan.
This position requires a minimum of 5+ years of related experience, and could be well suited to an individual currently working in advertising in a leadership role at a media company or advertising agency. As manager of Client Services, you’ll manage the team responsible for execution of advertising programs, which includes custom branded content development, media distribution, and client education throughout. As such, you’ll need a strong understanding of advertising, outstanding attention to detail, an interest in operations, and be an experienced people and project manager. We’re looking for a dedicated self-starter who is ready to put in some hard work to help build the business.
- Lead the account management function of BuzzFeed Japan, delivering exemplary client service while achieving aggressive revenue, execution, renewal, and profitability goals. This position is a player/coach role.
- Execute on all aspects of the account management function internally and externally:
- Serve as primary point of client contact on advertising programs. Educate clients to drive deep understanding of the value of BuzzFeed products and best practices for working together
- Collaborate closely with BuzzFeed Creative and cross-functional teams to create and launch custom content and ad products
- Create custom reporting and strategic analyses specific to BuzzFeed KPIs and unique client goals
- Build familiarity with and work within BuzzFeed’s program management tools and processes, including project management and revenue tracking systems
- Develop a team of account managers as BuzzFeed Japan revenue grows
- Grow collaborative relationship and communication practices with Yahoo Japan and BuzzFeed global team counterparts
- Drive BuzzFeed’s overall client delivery strategy, from day-to-day oversight and beyond to longer term account management strategy
- Proactively identify potential and existing issues in client service relationships, and handle client escalations with grace and maturity, involving executive leadership as necessary and appropriate
- Participate with BuzzFeed leadership in the strategic development of initiatives to identify enhancements which may improve products, services, operations, client satisfaction, processes, and overall business function specific to Japan and new international markets
- Assess client trends, feedback, and market movement; consolidate into recommendations for leadership team
- Work with the US Sales and Operations teams to create suitable in market processes
- Full professional proficiency in Japanese and English
- Minimum 5 years experience managing accounts and client relationships in sales operations, ad operations, consulting, FP&A, or relevant client service roles
- Skilled people manager, with 2+ years experience managing direct reports
- Experience successfully managing executive level client and/or agency relationships
- Possesses strong quantitative and analytical skills as well as creative problem-solving abilities
- Approaches work with a sense of urgency and accountability; confident making quick decisions with the best information available
- Proven leader with demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing streamlined processes, systems, and staffing plans that work efficiently, reliably, and repeatedly
- Possesses knowledge of social content advertising space with the curiosity and ability to quickly learn more
メールの件名に「応募職種：Client Services Manager 」と書き、日本語で書かれた履歴書,[email protected] までご応募ください。
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some classes we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit http://www.buzzfeed.com
Jobs You May Like
National Sales Manager
Yelp, Chicago, IL
Customer Success Associate
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Refinery29, New York
Sales Manager, Partnerships
Partner Manager, Regional Partnerships
Account Manager, Regional Partnerships
Pinterest, San Francisco