BuzzFeed Video is searching for a Production Manager to bring organizational skills and inspiring leadership to our production team. We are looking for an experienced and passionate self-starter that can work with all departments within Branded Video.
You will be based in our Los Angeles office, a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks, to social happy hours.
- Oversee production process across the Branded products and teams
- Track & manage all related budgets, costs, scheduling, and wrap books
- Interface between accounting, post production, pricing, studio operations, casting, legal, client services, and sales
- Review and red-flag creative concepts, timelines, and treatments
- Support checks and approvals on branded concept pricing and production budgets
- Train and oversee freelance producers and coordinators
- Effectively communicates policies and procedures to freelance crew and production staff
- Manage and support pre-production, production, and wrap for the Branded products and programs
- Collaborate to improve upon production resources, process, and responsibilities
- 5+ years production management experience
- Embody a philosophy of finding creative solutions and efficiencies regarding budget, scheduling, logistics, etc.
- Have knowledge of industry standards regarding average crew rates, rental rates etc..
- Experience with permitting, releases etc..
- Highly organized and a polished/timely written and verbal communicator
- Prioritization is essential, appropriately delegate and be a team player
- Willingness to learn
- Prior people management experience
- Prior branded content experience
- Must exhibit personal and professional high standards of integrity and ethics
- Experience with injury/safety protocol and prevention
- Proficient in Movie Magic Budgeting & Scheduling and Google Drive
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth by work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sales & Account Manager
Peloton, North Acton, London
Peloton, Detroit Warehouse
Optometrist (Sublease), Northern Florida
Warby Parker, Jacksonville, FL
Senior Process Innovation Manager
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Global Operations Manager
Flexport, Los Angeles, CA