You're a hunter. You love the thrill of the chase. You're a seller, but you're not a "salesperson." BuzzFeed is looking for a Recruiter to support full-cycle recruiting across various lines of business globally. Adaptability is your strong suit, and you're equally as comfortable recruiting/sourcing for an entry-level help desk support position as you are for a software engineer role.
This position is located in our NYC office and is open immediately (you're a recruiter, so you already knew you needed to move quickly!). The contract will initially last 3-4 months.
Our team is bi-coastal, split between NYC & LA. Both locations are bound by a shared love of creating an awesome candidate experience, always having the right GIF for a situation, and team happy hours. You'll report to our Director, Talent Acquisition, and work closely with the Recruiting and People teams at large, and maintain close relationships with stakeholders across the company.
- Create a global sourcing strategy that builds diverse candidate pipelines across our industry and levels.
- Help to support the hiring needs across our IT and Tech orgs
- Complete market research to understand where external talent pools exist and work collaboratively with internal teams to execute on diversity sourcing initiatives to tap into those talent pools.
- Analyze data to identify areas of improvement and provide data-driven recommendations to guide decisions related to future diversity sourcing strategies.
- Identify external organizations, local events and conferences that help create new sourcing channels for both our short-term and long-term hiring needs.
- Identify, organize and/or attend a variety of recruitment events to build our talent pipeline and promote BuzzFeed’s employment brand
- Contribute to BuzzFeed Careers’ social media presence on Twitter and Instagram
- 2+ years of recruiting or sourcing experience, ideally in-house in a related industry.
- Prior experience recruiting for IT and Tech positions (Helpdesk, Engineering, Product, Data Science, etc).
- Experience utilizing various sourcing methods to identify and connect with talent.
- Top-notch communication skills, expressed by your ability to write compelling, customized, and relevant sourcing messages and to conduct interviews that leave candidates feeling inspired and excited about BuzzFeed
- An understanding of the entire recruiting life-cycle and the ability to operate within each stage
- Proficiency using an ATS (we use Greenhouse)
- Experience sourcing, interviewing, negotiating, and networking with candidates at all levels of an organization
- No need for overly formal covers; instead, send a short note about why BuzzFeed excites you (and because your attention to detail is so impressive, it's simply addressed "Dear BuzzFeed Recruiting Team")
- Include a current résumé (ideally in .pdf; our ATS prefers that)
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Specialist
Penumbra, Alameda, CA
Talent Partner, Technology
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
General Assembly, Austin
Recruiting/Human Resources Assistant
People Data Coordinator
Samsara, San Francisco