BuzzFeed is looking for an Associate Social Media Strategist to join our team in Los Angeles immediately. You will provide social media support and editorial support for the BuzzFeed social media team and manage multiple accounts across the BuzzFeed brand, with a specialty in Facebook video.
You are enthusiastic about social media, the internet, news, and all things BuzzFeed. This is a full-time position in our Los Angeles office.
- Partner with video producers on some of BuzzFeed’s biggest brands to build a social strategy that promotes content to the widest audience
- Make sure the assigned Facebook pages remain healthy in the face of platform shifts and content strategy changes using experiments
- Partner with the data team to improve strategy that results in productive growth in audience, engagement or revenue
- Demonstrate the ability to be additive to BuzzFeed’s culture with a productive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
- Be brand-focused while also allowing flexibility to experiment and refine new content types and ideas
- Work in a matrixed environment with the ability to manage multiple projects at once with multiple partners
- Regular reporting on content performance across multiple social platforms, with an emphasis on video
- Proven organizational and administrative experience
- Understanding of social platforms and messaging apps, and why content on those platforms became popular.
- Have a positive, curious, playful disposition
- A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead of a cover letter:
- Explain what your favorite BuzzFeed social page, handle or channel is and why
- Describe/create 3-5 links to BuzzFeed content that performed well with an explanation on why you think it performed well
- Provide links to your public social media accounts
- Attach a resume!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Go
Coordinator, Post Production - Nonfiction
Netflix, London, United Kingdom
Manager, Quality Assurance
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Senior DevOps Engineer
Vicarious, Union City, California
Commercial Community Manager
TechHub, New York, NY