BuzzFeed is looking for an experienced, strategic, and inspiring senior manager to oversee all content in our India office. They will lead editorial and branded efforts across video and posts, with a primary focus on BuzzFeed India’s video efforts. We are looking to build on the success of the BuzzFeed India YouTube channel, which has helped establish the team as a unique and well-loved voice in the Indian media landscape, as well as grow our branded revenue in-market. The Head of Content is responsible for regional strategy, team leadership, business, brand and audience growth. They will manage and motivate a talented group of video producers, writers and social media specialists, ensuring stellar content is consistently delivered and that BuzzFeed continues its precedent as an innovative pioneer in world class digital content. The Head of India Content will liaise with research, product, marketing and sales at US HQ and BuzzFeed Australia to further expand the team’s growing branded business. They will also lead all editorial work, ensuring output and exceptional performance is maintained.
- Be an expert in strategic and conceptual thinking.
- Help BuzzFeed grow audience in India, publishing work with nationwide cultural impact, and inspiring, original entertainment and lifestyle video.
- Continue a culture of cross-collaboration between departments, facilitating knowledge sharing and experimentation between teams in India and globally.
- Attract, develop, retain and inspire top creative talent.
- Ensure output, performance and good morale is maintained across the team.
- Uphold the values of transparency, collaboration and good communication in the growth of the content organization at BuzzFeed India.
- Oversee editorial and branded workflow, editing process, and productivity levels while mentoring a team and developing a culture that fosters experimentation, creativity, and clear measures of success for individuals – tied into broader team goals.
- Regularly interface with advertising clients and serve as spokesperson and regional ambassador for the company.
- Think big to continue to develop BuzzFeed’s brand and business in India.
- 5-7 years experience of editorial and branded content creation across video and posts.
- Extensive management and leadership experience in digital creative content space.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear direction, career path guidance and timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule.
- Must demonstrate versatility and adaptability in a fluid and constantly changing environment.
- Adept at prioritizing work and resources across engagements based on strategic evaluation of both short- and long-term needs.
- Expert knowledge of the social web, including experience producing work for a variety of platforms, apps and social network.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience at hiring and managing freelance personnel.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, while keeping a cool head under pressure.
- A scrappy competitive drive -- you enjoy winning and really going for it, no matter what tools you are provided with.
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters).
- Candidates must provide a reel/sample portfolio of work via a web viewing link.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1600 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Part-Time Python Instructor- Remote Position
General Assembly, New York
ITx Systems Engineer, Infrastructure Automation
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Software Engineer - Front-End Engineering
Zoox, Foster City, CA
IBI Group, Los Angeles CA, US
Business Development Operations Analyst
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
Product Manager - KYC