Business Analyst, Revenue
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles or New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for extraordinary business analysts to help shape and drive our numerous revenue reporting initiatives. We’re seeking passionate professionals who have a proven track record using data in a meaningful way, informing decision making, and using data to provide teams with actionable recommendations. You balance technical expertise, domain knowledge and a capacity to be deeply inquisitive.
BuzzFeed’s data science team is diverse. The team uses data-driven methods to power decisions, inform strategy, build robust data products, and identify opportunities for innovation across the company. We are true hybrids - software engineers, statisticians, domain experts and analysts - who specialize in translating questions into methodical approaches, experiments, and products. We think deeply about the limitations of data, and communicate our output coherently.
- Develop and support revenue reporting initiatives across the company.
- Deliver exploratory data analyses that further our understanding of the relationship between advertising metrics (RPU, CPM, RPM), content and audiences.
- Design robust product experiments and evaluate their results.
- Make data-informed recommendations to partners in product, engineering, business and content teams.
- Monitor key metrics and identify the root cause of changes in metrics
- Develop KPIs in a cross-platform world, balancing measures of engagement and revenue.
- Support development of data tools, such as dashboards, forecasts, anomaly detection, and our home-grown A/B testing platform.
- Communicate complex ideas in a clear way to partners across the company.
- 1+ years experience in analytical roles
- Strong communication and presentation skills -- written, visual, and verbal
- Experience in programmatic advertising and/or media industries, particularly working with DFP or DMP data
- Proficiency manipulating data with Python or R.
- Strong skills in SQL
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Senior Data Engineer (DWH & Data Lake)
Senior Software Engineer, Atlas
Mapbox, Washington, D.C.
Domain Expert, Chinese
Dataminr, Seattle, Wa
Senior Data Scientist
Kickstarter, Brooklyn, NY