BuzzFeed is looking for a pop culture obsessive to write and edit stories for BuzzFeed.com after standard work hours, covering late night and primetime television, trending stories, and the midnight music releases artists love to drop. We’re looking for someone who eats, sleeps, and breathes all things pop culture: TV, movies, celebrity, fashion, music, etc. that can work well in a team.
This is a full-time staff position in our Los Angeles office and is available to start immediately. Reporting to our NY-based Deputy Editorial Director, you will work off-hours Sundays through Thursdays.
- Monitor, watch, and write about primetime and late night shows as soon as they air
- Edit timely and evergreen stories created by the pop culture team and freelancers
- Produce ideas for content based on news of the day
- Dream up evergreen stories for slow news days
- Attend brainstorms and contribute to team goals
- Work weekends or potentially late-night hours
- Write stories for BuzzFeed.com
- At least 3 years of professional experience writing and editing pop culture content
- Ability to edit a variety of content, from lists and quizzes to medium-form and interviews
- A genuine, wide-eyed love of pop culture in all its forms
- High emotional intelligence
- The ability to take perspective of others
- A competitive drive — you enjoy winning, really going for it
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
- Experience managing people a plus
- Create an account at buzzfeed.com/signup, send us your BuzzFeed profile, and create two (or more) posts that show off your writing skills
- A short explanation of why you would be a good fit for this role
- Your resume
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Administrative Assistant, Original Animation Business & Legal Affairs
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Associate Director, Global CMC Product Lead
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Senior Software Engineer, Sharding Team (EMEA)
Business Operations Intern (part-time)
Classy, San Diego, CA
Sales Director - Switzerland
Medallia, Zurich, Switzerland
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Birmingham, AL