BuzzFeed’s world-renowned Content division is looking for an inspiring and data-driven Executive Director of Tasty, overseeing all aspects of Tasty’s content including recipe and shows output, production, culinary, kitchen management, formats and platform strategy. You will be the de facto expert on Tasty and responsible for the brand’s success, overseeing content teams across New York and Los Angeles, and also managing external partnerships and talent relationships. You have a unique mix of knowledge and experience in traditional media with an understanding of social media, digital video, social platform distribution mechanics. You love food, cooking and especially the powerful impact Tasty has had on food media and the internet at large. You value diversity of all types and can live that commitment in how we recruit, promote employees, build relationships with talent, cast and create content strategies. You can balance overseeing work of more junior creative employees with being able to present to and collaborate with executives at BuzzFeed and externally in client and partner meetings.
- Manage a team of creatives and culinary professionals across New York and Los Angeles, elevating them to best support the team’s and BuzzFeed's goals.
- Engage with and communicate to the team around changes to company strategy, market shifts and internal concerns with a bold level of transparency and vulnerability.
- Serve as chief creative of the Tasty content team, overseeing and aligning the brand’s voice, content and platform strategy through Tasty projects across the company.
- Commit to and implement plans around the team’s diversity programs in recruiting, diverse pipelines, promotion of diverse employees, content strategies and talent and casting, while setting a consistent tone about the importance of diversity on the team and across the Content organization.
- Greenlight all Tasty digital pilots for full seasons with a keen eye for story, format and the show’s ability to grow and monetize.
- Partner closely with Publishing and Analytics to ensure that the Tasty team and all relevant Content team partners are aligned on content and publishing strategies.
- Oversee Tasty’s brand and strategic partnerships following Sales and Marketing.
- Collaborate with international leaders to support international Tasty editions and departments.
OPERATIONS AND RESOURCE MANAGEMENT:
- Oversee yearly budget, allocating with diverse teams, plans and projects using a data and business motivated approach aiming for the most efficient return on investment, partnering closely with Production, Finance and Analytics to set budget based off corporate strategy.
- Monitor the efficacy of our video models, adjusting or overhauling as needed.
TASTY BUSINESS SUPPORT:
- Have an understanding of Advertising and Commerce revenue streams and be a collaborative partner to those team members to achieve BuzzFeed’s business goals.
- Support other teams and departments through Tasty’s content, promotional efforts, brand awareness and global kitchens.
- Partner with the Studio team to take Tasty intellectual property to new platforms like streaming, linear TV and more.
- Partner with Talent division to oversee Tasty talent program, its strategic role in the company, expansion of the program and oversight and management of the talent themselves.
- 8+ years of experience in media, preferably most of it being in food or lifestyle media.
- Strong people management experience demonstrating leadership skills with empathy and vulnerability.
- Strong experience in many different video production models including digital, streaming or linear.
- A deep understanding of output and growth strategies, namely for the owned and operated platform where monetization and dynamics vary widely from social platforms.
- A heart for the monetization growth and potential of Tasty, working across the company to come up with new ideas to monetize Tasty’s content and point of view on food.
- Knowledge of changing digital and traditional media landscape.
- Actual video and content production experience, preferably several years in food or lifestyle media.
- Knowledge of best practices in SEO and recipe optimization.
- Experience producing or overseeing production of mid to long-form content.
- Experience and comfort with client and partner meetings.
- Comfort speaking publicly on behalf of the company.
LIFE AT BUZZFEED
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth by work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.