BuzzFeed is looking for a staff Social Video Producer to join our Video team in NY, NY. The Social Video Producer will work with one of the social video teams in our video department to produce and edit short-form content across platforms.
- Edit 3-5 videos a week consisting of found UGC and compiled moments from TV and Film
- Implement feedback from the team lead promptly
- Quickly iterate off of trending content
- Work with the team lead in accomplishing existing output goals
- Collaborate with Social Strategists on ideation
- Notes and feedback on videos created by other team members
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
- You are comfortable with most video codecs and formats
- Baseline knowledgeable about at least one social platform such as YouTube
- Interest in social platforms and data
- You are comfortable working in After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
- Ability to work independently and under close direction
- Experienced in a deadline driven environment and internet video
- Interest in food, DIY, travel, and wellness a plus
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position. We’d also like you to share 2-3 videos that performed well on Facebook within the last year, and explain why you think they were successful.
- Attach a resume.
- Share 3-5 samples of work you’ve edited.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tool and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.