Enterprise Platforms Engineer
BuzzFeed, New York or Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
We are hiring an IT Enterprise Platforms Engineer with at least 3 years of experience in an IT engineering environment. You will play a key role for BuzzFeed’s IT team, which enables employees worldwide to produce content securely wherever they are. As part of the Enterprise Platforms & Security team, you will report to the Enterprise Platforms Team Lead, and you’ll maintain IT infrastructure, internal platforms, and security across the company. The BuzzFeed environment relies on web-based services, and our infrastructure is quite unique; you will have the opportunity to work with new and interesting technologies.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who understands IT enterprise systems and how they are connected. You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code and detailed documentation, and you will provide the team with both the knowledge and skills to support and grow existing capabilities. This will involve many challenges and continual improvements in a growing environment.
We are an evolving, result oriented, and motivated global IT organization with ownership over a portfolio that provides direct value to people across many teams. This role offers a rare opportunity to join us in bringing modern solution to the media space.
- Architect, design, develop and deploy Python microservices that serve millions of readers in a DevOps manner.
- Deploy infrastructure while using an infrastructure as code mentality - Terraform/Ansible.
- Design, code, test, and document systems and services to automate solutions within your team’s domain.
- Move and sync data between SaaS and identity apps by building integrations and using existing APIs (provisioning/deprovisioning).
- Be a technical leader and a valued contributor in a dynamic, autonomous, and diverse agile team.
- Collaborate with motivated teams and engineers throughout the company to accomplish common goals.
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks.
Minimum job requirements
- You master multiple programming languages, such as Python, Java, and Bash, at a level where you can not only code and troubleshoot, but also design reliable and scalable solutions.
- Comfortable with git, GitHub, and version control.
- Familiarity with AWS - EC2, S3, IAM, VPCs, Route 53.
- You have used Docker/containerization at scale and are familiar with architecting and deploying microservices.
- You enjoy working with automation and building continuous integration pipelines, using CI/CD systems such as Jenkins.
- You work with LDAP, AD, SSO solutions, and understand the importance of Identity Access Management strategy for the enterprise.
- You have a passion for technology and a constant desire to learn.
- You love working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, and birthday treats
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Android Engineer - Solutions
Senior Application Security Engineer - Charlotte, NC
Credit Karma, Charlotte, NC
HashiCorp, Remote US/UK/Canada/Netherlands/Germany
Senior HPC Engineer (US Person)
Rescale, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Front-End Web
FiftyThree, New York
Machine Learning Engineer, Knowledge
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA