Community Weekend Editor (project-based)
BuzzFeed, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for a thoughtful, detail-oriented person to serve as a project-based Community Editor in our New York office. You will edit and feature user-generated content for the site and form working relationships with our Community Contributors.
This is an ideal position for you, if you would like a chance to work with an active online community. You're a self-professed "grammar snob" with meticulous attention to detail, comfortable in a dynamic environment. This role is primarily an editing role but with opportunities to write.
This is a three-month project-based role, with the potential to extend. This role may require a five-day workweek with availability both Saturday and Sunday. Please indicate your weekend availability when you apply.
- Review, edit, and promote user-generated posts
- Escalate flagged posts to Community Editors
- Help identify formats/frames/trends coming from the Community
- Communicate clearly and positively with BuzzFeed’s Community users
- 1+ years of professional writing and editing experience, ideally within the digital media or publishing space
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to coordinate and strategize effectively with other Community Editors
- Proven interest in and knowledge of social media and digital publishing
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective and thorough in a fast-paced and fluid environment
Tell us about a post you love on BuzzFeed.com and why
Have you ever created any community content on BuzzFeed? If so, please include a link to your BuzzFeed profile.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Firefox Senior Sync Engineer
Mozilla, Denver, San Antonio, Raleigh, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Remote US, Remote Canada