BuzzFeed News publishes ambitious journalism on the issues that matter to a new generation of readers. We have traditional news values but seek to experiment with how stories can be told. We are looking for a thoughtful and gutsy editor to lead our Australian news team in Sydney.
You will oversee the work of a small team of accomplished journalists, generating original story ideas and guiding groundbreaking reporting. You should have experience taking on tough subjects, backing your own judgement, and producing stories with broad reach and influence.
You will also have:
- At least four years reporting or editing experience at a professional news organisation.
- An excellent grasp of Australian media law and the local news environment.
- Strong writing and copy editing skills.
- The ability to see the big picture and a keen eye on impact.
- The confidence to work independently.
- An established social media presence and thorough understanding of the social web.
- Experience managing a team.
- A background in original reporting is a plus.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.