BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
BuzzFeed is hiring an experienced HR Business Partner to support BuzzFeed’s organizations in Los Angeles, CA. As an HRBP, you will partner with company executives, local managers, and employees to provide guidance on topics ranging from talent management and development, compensation, organizational effectiveness and design, employee relations, staffing and office culture.
You'll support the HR needs of our Content division. As we continue to grow in the areas of social video, web series, and branded partnerships, we need an HRBP who is well-versed in the excitement (and challenges) of being a modern media company. As such, prior experience in digital media or entertainment content experience is a strong qualifier for this role.
This is a very hands-on role with the opportunity to make a real impact on the business. You will be viewed as an expert regarding the development and delivery of various HR initiatives to the business while simultaneously managing ongoing programs and tackling daily tasks – all with a healthy dose of humor!
BuzzFeed's People Team is dedicated to ensuring employing satisfaction at all stages of employment - from the first phone screen with a Recruiter, to talent development with an HRBP, and beyond. As part of the broader People Team at BuzzFeed, you'll work with some of the best human resources professionals in the business.
You'll report to our Senior Director of People and work from our West Hollywood, CA, location with occasional travel to other BuzzFeed offices.
- Offer expert HR guidance to local managers and individuals in areas including talent management, development, and retention; career planning; succession planning; employee relations, organizational design and effectiveness, total rewards, staffing/headcount planning and more
- Be an advisor to employees and management regarding company policies, employee performance, culture/work environment and other issues; resolve conflicts effectively while minimizing legal exposure.
- Collaborate with other People Team members to guide processes that allow for seamless People programs, employee development, and candidate experience.
- Remain current on HR practices along with applicable federal and local legislation and regulations and ensure compliance across your client groups
- Partner with Finance and business leaders to maintain employee headcount and assist with reporting on key metrics.
- 6+ years of significant HR generalist experience advising clients on all types of HR matters; experience in the media or television industries is a huge plus
- Experience managing organizational transformation and change management, especially within a changing media landscape
- Solid business acumen and understanding of US labor laws
- Proficiency in various HR technologies like HCM platforms (we use Workday) as well as general productivity tools like Google Apps and Slack
- The ability to operate in an extremely fast-moving client group with a high degree of autonomy
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Jr. Chief of Staff
Linqia, San Francisco Headquarters
Lead Web Development Instructor
Flatiron School, Houston, TX
Enterprise Sales Recruiter (EMEA)
MongoDB, Frankfurt or Munich
Bulk Handling Systems
Bulk Handling Systems, Bulk Handling Systems
HR Generalist/Business Partner
Ingenu, San Diego
Checkr, San Francisco