Video Editor, Multiplayer (project-based)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative Video Editor to join our Los Angeles Post-Production team in a project-based capacity.
- Partner with Creative Producers and Post-Production team editing a variety of gaming BuzzFeed video content
- End-to-end edit multiple videos and formats both unscripted and scripted
- Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from creatives and clients
- Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions if needed
- Stay super organized in and follow internal SOPs for project naming conventions
- Collaborate with the Post-Production team to flag and communicate any watch outs with the shoot and scope of creative.
- 3+ years experience working in a professional environment on digital content
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects and 3rd party software
- Experience with codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
- Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
- Passion and knowledge for editing theory
- Experience with designing and laying in GFX/VFX
- Balance and grade color, and mix and level audio within Adobe Premiere
- Advanced knowledge of Post-Production and Production process and equipment
- Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
- Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Communication or related field is preferred
Send us your Reel!
- Share 3-5 samples of work you’ve edited or current reel.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Specialist (Portuguese-speaking)
Qualtrics, Provo, UT
Senior Program Manager
Gwynnie Bee, New York, NY
Acorns, Portland, OR
Staffing Specialist (m/f/d), part-time or full-time
Account Manager MENA
indaHash, Emirates, Dubai
Tulip Retail, Toronto