BuzzFeed is looking for a curious, detail-oriented Video Research Associate to do in-depth research on a variety of subjects to help our Video Producers make awesome video content.
The ideal candidate will be able to research and organize information on any topic. The candidate is comfortable in an autonomous environment and will see an assignment through from start to finish, no matter how large or small the task. From the library to the depths of the internet, they are willing and able to find the facts we need.
- Do quick, in-depth research on a variety of subjects;
- Help condense sometimes difficult concepts into useable information for Video Producers;
- Conduct necessary fact-checking on videos; and
- Act as an informational resource for Video Producers.
- 1–3 years experience researching for media and doing outreach;
- An insatiable passion and curiosity for research and the world in general;
- Ability to learn quickly; comfortable adapting to sudden changes;
- Strong attention to detail — nothing slips past;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, in small teams or independently;
- Ability to prioritize and juggle a multitude of tasks;
- A strong writing and editorial voice to help shape concepts;
- A passion for creative storytelling and digital media;
- Experience and comfort searching with Google and using Google Docs; and
- Experience using Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr, Vimeo, and Reddit.
- No haters!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
99, Sao Paulo
Space Operations Manager
Knotel, Knotel SF
Staff Business Systems Analyst - Coupa
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Managed By Q, New York, NY
Data Operations Associate | New Graduate
Flexport, Chicago, IL
Warehouse (LCL) Operations Associate