BuzzFeed is looking for a data-driven, curious and digital media obsessed Director of Social Media to lead a team of social strategists to support BuzzFeed’s network and data to guide the biggest overall audience and engagement to our content, work with content creators to understand the audience and platforms and partner with the platforms to understand and anticipate changes and opportunities, You will have professional experience in social media, managing teams, and success in growing accounts with a thoughtful, scrappy and analytical approach.
- Partner with our Executive Directors of Video, BuzzFeed.com and Growth & Trends to set and implement social strategy across all BuzzFeed social channels
- Empower the team to share learnings about the BuzzFeed audience with content creators to help them create social-optimized content
- Collaborate with the content analytics team to develop and distribute analytical reports to the BuzzFeed team about how our audience is engaging with our content on social media
- Partner with our distribution tools team to create workflows so social strategists can most efficiently and effectively publish our content cross-platform
- Identify new opportunities to grow our audience and expand our reach on social
- Collaborate with BuzzFeed’s Deputy Social Media Director to manage our social media fellowship program
- Manage our relationships with platforms like Twitter, Snap and more
- Collaborate with content creators to better inform them what works best on what platforms and channels, and why
- Develop and manage a team responsible for strategizing and accomplishing all of BuzzFeed’s video and link publishing
- Oversee and improve within the production of content native to social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, Snap and more
- Coordinate BuzzFeed social media accounts and increase their growth
- Promote new account creation and account access
- Partner with community team and content teams to come up with and build new crowd-sourced projects that engage BuzzFeed’s community
- Find creative ways to adapt BuzzFeed’s content and mission to emerging platforms
- 5+ years of professional social media editing experience
- Proven people management experience
- Experience with real-time analytics
- Obsession with social media in all forms — Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Twitter — and an understanding of why the most popular stuff on those sites became popular
- Have an ability to identify attributes of things people share
- A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
You should include the following to apply:
- Links to your social media accounts or other social media accounts you’ve worked on such as Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, or personal blog.
- A few short paragraphs explaining why you'd be a great fit for this position and how your experience fulfills the requirements listed above
- A resume
- Links to any published written work if available
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.