BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience and we are looking for an Executive Assistant to support our CEO.
The ideal candidate will be a service-oriented, self-starting, proactive, and organized go-getter with a great attitude who can handle a BuzzFeed quiz as easily as they can set up a board meeting - and all with a great sense of humor.
The position is based in our LA office, and we offer competitive compensation, benefits and an employee stock option program. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks.
BuzzFeed leverages data and innovation to reach hundreds of millions of people globally. We consist of a cross-platform network which includes content, news, studios, commerce and advertising.
- Provide administrative support to BuzzFeed’s Chief Executive Officer.
- Manage calendars, and contacts.
- Coordinate all meetings, conference calls, and interviews.
- Compile meeting agendas and help with follow-ups.
- Arrange all travel including itineraries/agendas.
- Prepare monthly expense reports.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with essential contacts inside and outside of BuzzFeed.
- Support ad-hoc projects like a creative idea that needs to be nurtured.
- Support operations work for events, global company meetings and team all hands.
- Treat confidential information with care.
- Be an effective (but friendly) gatekeeper by ensuring access to the CEO according to his priorities, needs and schedule.
- A college degree (preferred)
- Prior EA or administrative experience (preferred)
- Media or tech company experience is a plus.
- Prior experience in roles requiring focused attention.
- Managed logistics flawlessly with an innate sense of what steps flow together and you understand the needs of a busy CEO.
- An interest in administrative responsibilities but you're also interested in growing your career outside of this role.
- The ability to effectively communicate up, down and across the organization.
- Client facing skills to interface with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently in structured and unstructured environments.
- Experience working on a Mac, using excel and powerpoint in both MS Office and G-Suite.
- Please share your resume and cover letter.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Insurance Claims Associate
Postmates, San Francisco
Media Buying Manager
Priorities USA, Washington, DC
DoorDash, Phoenix, AZ
Finance Manager, FP&A (Express Drive)
Lyft, San Francisco
New Grad SDK & Tools Engineer
Ripple, San Francisco, CA
Director of Impact Hub - Boston, MA
Cic, Boston, MA