BuzzFeed, San Francisco, New York, Washington DC
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed News is looking for a Senior Reporter to join our award-winning technology and business desk.
We’re looking for someone thoughtful, tenacious, and enthusiastic who can own a beat, break news, and spin up investigative pieces and features. This is not a job for a beginner or for someone who just wants to cover product announcements and quarterly earnings statements. It’s a job for someone eager to unearth stories that otherwise may never have come to light, and can show how decisions made by tech industry affect billions of people worldwide, shaping our society and culture.
BuzzFeed's technology and business desk is an ambitious one, and you should share that drive and passion. We are looking for a reporter and writer with a proven ability to land scoops, advance stories and pen thoughtful narratives. You should have a deep list of contacts and sources in the industry and a never-ending supply of story ideas to draw on.
You will report to BuzzFeed's Technology & Business Editor and work with the broader team to further BuzzFeed's record of reporting important, timely, and compelling stories in the tech and business sectors.
We are building a team that is diverse in many ways, and want to cast a wide net. We offer a robust compensation and benefits package including, PTO, retirement benefits, family benefits and a stock option program.
Also, we have a lot of fun.
- 2+ years of experience as a reporter with professional news organizations
- The ability to cultivate sources and dig up stories no one else is telling
- A talent for writing both hard news and features
- Camera-ready copy
- An ability to spot a scoop and run it down
- Genuine enthusiasm for reporting
- A skeptical eye for bullshit and a good sense of humor
Send your resume and a cover letter that outlines how you would approach this beat. Please include links to 5 examples of what you consider your best work.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Narrative Designer (Mid to Senior)
Content Launch and QC Manager, RUK
Features Editor, Eater
Vox Media, NY, Remote
Assistant Directeur Technique (Technical Director Assistant)
Moment Factory, Montréal
Vroom, Stafford, TX
Visual Design Lead