BuzzFeed is seeking a short term contractor to join its team in New York immediately. This person will work with the growth team to coordinate, create and edit short-form social-first content across BuzzFeed’s channels on platforms like TikTok, Instagram and other emerging platforms.
The ideal candidate is super creative and detail-oriented, as well as enthusiastic about social media, internet trends, and all things BuzzFeed. They have a good eye for what performs well on TikTok and Instagram, and are interested in making content exclusively for these platforms. We're looking for a self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
This is a short term, paid position. We are open to this person working 20-40 hours per week. College students who are welcome to apply!
- Work closely with BuzzFeed’s growth team to grow, test, and learn on our emerging platform channels
- Create and implement editorial calendar for posting
- Find creative ways to adapt relevant archival BuzzFeed content
- Input and track data and performance.
- Quickly iterate off of successful/trending content
- Help maintain our collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
- Work with the publishing team to leverage BuzzFeed social channels for growth
- Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
- Some video editing experience
- Basic Photoshop skills, Adobe Premiere and Adobe Illustrator skills
- A love of BuzzFeed’s brands
- Interest in social platforms and data
- Ability to work independently and under close direction
- Have a positive, curious, playful disposition
- A genuine love for and excitement about the internet (no haters).
- Instead of a formal cover letter, include a few short paragraphs explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position, and what your favorite BuzzFeed social page is and why. You can upload this in place of a cover letter. No formal cover letters, please.
- Describe/create 3-5 examples of TikTok videos that you think would engage the @BuzzFeed, @Tasty and @Nifty audiences
- Provide links to your public social media accounts.
- Attach a resume
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.