News Editorial Assistant (Admin Support)
BuzzFeed, New York
The social news and entertainment company.
BuzzFeed News is looking for an experienced Editorial Assistant who will support our Editor-in-Chief and Head of Studio and work on other administrative projects in our New York City HQ. You're able to simultaneously manage a range of administrative tasks, are comfortable in a rapid pace of a modern newsroom, and understand the importance of deadlines. An interest in news and culture is a must; experience working within a media company is even better.
- Manage multiple calendars and contacts
- Arrange travel (often last-minute), including itineraries and agendas
- Track and submit monthly expense reports
- Schedule and arrange internal and external meetings
- Communicate frequently with international and west coast offices
- Handle frequent projects successfully while prioritizing conflicting needs and managing frequent interruptions
- Provide operational support as needed by assisting with daily workflow of the newsroom, including support for top editors
- Project coordination, including assisting with planning events, meetings or other projects
- Experience working in a newsroom or media organization preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both in person and online, with the ability to build relationships quickly and engage collaboratively with individuals at all levels
- A natural ability to remain calm in the face of pressure or uncertainty
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interest in administrative responsibilities
- Capacity for problem-solving and troubleshooting with a focus on results
- An interest in news, a strong organizational skills, and an understanding of tools like Slack and Google Apps
- Provide a cover letter explaining why you are the right person to support this newsroom
- A current resume
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
- Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Developer Relations Analyst, Lion Studios, Shanghai
AppLovin, Shanghai, China
Senior Render Pipeline Technical Director (TD)
Lytro, Mountain View, CA
Senior Designer FMCG / Consumer Branding
Senior Visual Designer
Inventory Control Coordinator (6-month Contract)
Penumbra, Livermore, CA
Head of Sleep Stories
Calm, Los Angeles