BuzzFeed is looking for an experienced and creative full-time photographer. You will collaborate with writers, producers, and designers to bring stories to life on our site and producing original work for new social media platforms. We are passionate about creating creative work and are looking for the perfect team member to join us in pushing our photography content to the next level.
You have a high level of professionalism and creativity they can use to develop dynamic studio and lifestyle photography for our team in Los Angeles. The ability to work within small teams is a must and an understanding of the balance needed between artistry, team collaboration and brand guidelines. You will seek to bring innovation to the department while handling high-volume photographic needs for both editorial and branded work at a high-quality standard.
- Produce high-quality digital photography for a variety of original photoshoots ranging from food and lifestyle to portraits and products
- Help establish and innovate the visual style of BuzzFeed photography
- Thrives in handling decisive on-set troubleshooting of photography challenges
- Ability and interest in executing many different photography styles from studio portrait work to lifestyle and food content
- Expert level knowledge in Canon systems as well as studio lighting and is on the pulse of photographic and equipment trends
- Expert-level knowledge of post-processing platforms such as Adobe Creative Cloud and Capture One and exhibits strong retouching abilities
- Work with Art Directors to help develop and maintain style guides and best practices for original photography
- 3+ years experience
- Professional photography portfolio that shows an expert-level knowledge of digital photography, including lighting, composition, capture and processing
- Understand all stages of the photography process, from shooting to editing
- Open to performing many levels of work from quick editorial shoots in natural light to higher complexity shoots with studio lights
- Experience directing talent of all types
- Manage high volumes of workflow and planning
- Expert-level proficiency of camera equipment functionality and studio lighting techniques and traditional grip practice
- Expert-level knowledge of industry-standard processing and imaging software tools, including color correction and retouching photos
- Collaborate with many different people from Writers to Producers to Creative Directors
- A positive and curious disposition
- Knowledge of pre-production process plus
- Knowledge of arranging still life objects, products, props and backgrounds a plus
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Inside Sales Representative
Rocket Lawyer, Ogden, UT
Strategic Publisher Manager
LiveRamp, San Francisco, CA | New York City, NY
Senior Software Developer, Back-End (Golf)
Editor - Credit Cards
Red Ventures, Charlotte, NC
Head of Offline Marketing & Partnerships
Dahmakan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA