BuzzFeed News is looking for a Social Media Strategist to join our team. You will provide social media support for the BuzzFeed News development team and manage multiple accounts with a specialty in Facebook Watch videos. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about social media, the internet, news!
This is a full-time contractor role based in our New York office.
- Work with the the Executive Producer and Senior Producers to build a social strategy that promotes content to the widest audience
- Manage, create and publish original content
- Make sure the assigned Facebook pages remain healthy in the face of platform shifts and content strategy changes
- Engage with the social community, interact with relevant posts and cultivate relationships
- Partner with the research and data teams to improve strategy that results in productive growth in audience and engagement
- Demonstrate the ability to be additive to BuzzFeed’s culture with a productive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Analyze and report out about social activity
- 1-2 years experience working with social media
- Proven organizational and administrative experience
- Have excellent multitasking skills to handle all of the social media accounts you’re responsible for in a cohesive way
- Have excellent communication skills, and great attention to detail and are proactive and able to work independently while remaining an excellent collaborator
- Have a positive and curious disposition and a genuine love for and excitement about the internet
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead of a cover letter:
- Explain what your favorite BuzzFeed social page, handle or channel is and why
- Describe/create 3-5 links to BuzzFeed content that performed well on Facebook with an explanation on why you think it performed well
- Provide links to your public social media accounts
- Attach a resume!
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager, International Originals - Korea Creative
Netflix, Seoul, South Korea
Shopping and Products Writer
Freelance Editor (Japanese)
First Look Media
Newsletter and Digital Producer, The Intercept
First Look Media, New York, NY
Relic Entertainment, Vancouver, BC
Scopely, Barcelona, Spain