We’re looking for an Associate Product Specialist to join our team in New York. As an Associate Product Specialist at BuzzFeed you’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects — from internal tooling, like our proprietary CMS, to consumer facing products, like the BuzzFeed site or the Tasty app.
The Product Specialist team provides support to users, shares insights with teams, helps to execute against roadmaps, influences work prioritization and product decisions amongst their teams, and report important trends based on user feedback. They fuel product quality and engagement by representing the voice of the user, and are responsible for monitoring the quality and stability of specific BuzzFeed products and the teams that work on them. They leverage data tools and other sources of feedback to identify user experience themes, prioritize issues, and communicate key takeaways to Product, Design and Engineering Leads to shape product direction, and work cross-functionally with other teams within BuzzFeed to improve user experience.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing inbound user support needs, triaging and escalating when appropriate.
- Working autonomously to clearly define problems, identify why they exist, and determine how end users are affected.
- Executing on assigned projects with guidance. Owning and maintaining operational processes, with a focus on developing your knowledge of products and product areas your team(s) own.
- Making smaller decisions for priorities and day-to-day issues, consulting with more senior leaders for guidance on larger decisions.
- Building strong relationships with your counterparts across disciplines to facilitate project execution, foster communication within the team and develop a positive team culture.
- Being a touchpoint for projects inside and outside of Tech.
- Communicating consistently and proactively with your team and stakeholders about progress and status of projects.
- Fueling product quality and engagement by understanding and accurately representing the voice of the user.
- Ensuring team priorities are clear and understood by your team and stakeholders, and that relevant documentation (eg project plans) is available and accessible for everyone.
Who you are:
- You are solution-oriented, with the ability to process and resolve issues quickly.
- You have a high “say/do” ratio. Things you say you will do, get done.
- You are well-versed in basic troubleshooting techniques.
- You are comfortable balancing quick and imperfect solutions with longer term strategic ones.
- You are comfortable collaborating with people across multiple disciplines like engineering, product, and design, as well as with other departments across the company.
- You are comfortable soliciting and providing direct and impactful feedback.
- You understand agile development methodology and best practices.
More about our team
On the BuzzFeed Product Specialist team, we care deeply about building a diverse team, and then supporting every team member in their career and skill growth. We make change from fresh perspectives and appreciate new viewpoints. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a respectful workplace that values everyone on our team bringing their whole selves to work.
BuzzFeed does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, we're more than happy to accommodate and make the interview process better for you.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, and birthday treats
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.