BuzzFeed is looking for a thoughtful, articulate, and detail-oriented person to serve as a Finance Associate. You will support our Corporate Finance requirements at a consolidated company, and focus on strategic initiatives and operational implementations throughout the Company. Additionally, you will support FP&A requirements across several divisions and gain exposure to the inner workings of Divisions in the Company.
We ask that you have strong organizational skills to help manage the department’s expenses, guide discussions with senior managers across the division, and evaluate/implement strategic operational projects for top management.
This is a dynamic role within the finance department, and comes with abundant learning opportunities. You will report to the Director of Finance and will have many opportunities to work with BuzzFeed’s top management. This is an ideal position for someone who has gained finance experience at an investment bank or consulting firm, and is now looking for ways to apply those skills to a fast-growing entrepreneurial company.
- Create analyses that guide financial strategic decisions, including but not limited to the ability to forecast and pace revenue to highlight areas of risk and opportunity
- Lead and support ad-hoc strategic analyses, developing key insights that support business initiatives
- Evaluate and develop business cases in support of new product launches
- Help establish actionable, operating metrics and reports; track and analyze essential business drivers, macro and micro market trends, and operating metrics
- Review and oversee the budgets and forecasts across multiple divisions, and support their strategic planning processes
- 3+ years of Finance Experience at a top investment bank or consulting firm
- Strong quantitative and excel financial modeling skills
- Deep understanding of financial statements and quantitative performance metrics
- Ability to communicate with Senior Leadership, and influence and guide change through value added input
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to handle and prioritize multiple work streams while making sure all analysis is error free
- Ability to manage analysts and associated day-to-day responsibilities
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth by work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.