BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced New York-based Senior Producer with strong editorial judgement for “BTW,” BuzzFeed’s daily Snapchat show. Applicants should have knowledge of the Snapchat landscape and existing programming. Successful candidates have a proven track record of leading a production team, delivering compelling visual content and executing on a daily social show. The ideal Senior Producer has a strong command of the entertainment/news/media landscape, the BuzzFeed brand, social media, and trending stories, particularly stories that resonate with Gen Z. Candidates must be detail-oriented, creative thinkers and leaders with an ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
The show is daily Monday-Friday. You will be supported by a small team of other producers, an editor and a motion graphics designer, and your ability to manage them will be crucial to the success of the project.
- Leading production operations for entire show
- Overseeing production team and hosts on choosing segments/stories, coordinating shoots, writing scripts based on daily events and trending stories, and overseeing editor and motion graphics designer in post-production.
- Coaching host on daily reads
- Liaising with distribution partner to address notes and feedback
- Oversee evolution of show and show graphics as they change due to feedback/data
- Work cross-functionally with social media curation, and internal Snapchat teams to pull insights and support the growth of the show.
- Creating tight timelines and ensuring team meets deadlines for smooth production.
- Overseeing scripting of short, attention-grabbing segments
- 7-9 years of producer experience, ideally for a digital/social show.
- Experience overseeing a production team
- Strong editorial judgement
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and handle quickly-evolving news situations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and stay organized in a quick turnaround production period
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Live Operations Manager, Lion Studios
AppLovin, San Francisco, CA
Huge, Atlanta, Bogota, Brooklyn, Chicago, Detroit, Global, London, Los Angeles, Medellin, Oakland, Seattle, Singapore, Toronto, Washington DC
Vroom, Stafford, TX
Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Program Manager, Product Experience - Inclusion
Netflix, Los Angeles, California