BuzzFeed, New York and Los Angeles
The social news and entertainment company.
We are hiring an Infrastructure Engineer with at least 3 years of experience in hybrid IT & Video engineering environments. You will report to our Senior Manager of Infrastructure. You will help build and support our video environment including our video content creators with Live Broadcasts, Production, Post Production and other video-focused technology needs. We help run our internal studios where we write, direct, and produce BuzzFeed content (News, Entertainment, Branded and Live video). We are looking for thoughtful, passionate contributors to join our growing team.
You will contribute to BuzzFeed’s IT team, which enables employees worldwide to produce content wherever they are and distribute it world-wide securely. You will provide the team with the skills to support and grow existing capabilities and contribute to improvements in a growing environment.
We are an evolving, result oriented, and motivated global IT organization with ownership over a portfolio that provides direct value to people across many teams. This role offers a chance to join us in bringing modern solutions to the media space.
- Ongoing collaboration with video content creation teams to provide technology solutions to meet their scaling/growing needs globally.
- Establish, research, and implement hardware, software and cloud-based video technology.
- Help troubleshoot and resolve video technology problems and support escalated video technology requests.
- Support colleagues by building a culture of sharing and grow technical experience to improve the team.
- Move and sync data between SaaS apps and datastores by building integrations and using existing APIs.
- Support file transfer servers, platforms, and services including NAS devices, SAN, Signiant/Aspera during their entire lifecycle.
- Advanced knowledge of Apple hardware and software (OS X / macOS + iOS Devices).
- You are comfortable with multiple programming and scripting languages, such as Python, Java, and Bash. Version control experience is a plus.
- Experience with live video production (RTMP), audio/video signal path, and post production processes.
- Familiarity with web platforms for video transmission and delivery.
- Understand video standards including codecs, resolutions, aspect ratios (H.264, ProRes/QuickTime, Web Formats).
- Fundamental understanding of networking and IP-based data transmission.
- Familiarity working within an Agile environment.
- AWS Experience, preferably managing S3 and Glacier.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
- You have a passion for technology and a constant curiosity feeding a desire to learn.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
- Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Backend Engineer - Device Software
Fitbit, US - San Diego
Software Engineer - Pivotal Labs Consulting
Pivotal Software, New York City
Software Test Engineer (iOS)
TradeRev, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Senior Front End Engineer *
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Senior Data Engineer
ThoughtWorks, San Francisco
Associate Technical Consultant
Box, New York, NY