BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We're looking for a Chief of Staff reporting to our CEO. You will support cross-divisional projects and manage ongoing projects. This is an amazing opportunity for someone with the ability to work collaboratively and keep many “balls in the air,” to work at the heart of the organization on important projects and with lots of exposure to senior management.
At BuzzFeed, we foster a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and infusing work with fun. We offer great compensation package and benefits, AND - a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks, drinks, special events to no work on your birthday!
- Help communicate and implement strategic business initiatives across the company
- Partner with key stakeholders across the company to ensure the CEO is prepared for events, client meetings, press opportunities and keynotes.
- Partner with the CEO’s executive assistant to optimize his schedule using your knowledge of current priorities internally and externally, arrange and manage access of employees to the CEO and the CEO to employees.
- Project manage cross-company programs by leading and facilitating meetings, launching workstreams and coordinating with executive partners across the company to move projects forward and meet goals.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects in a complex organizational environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience effectively communicating at all levels, whether to the CEO or to an individual contributor
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Experience working with the G-suite and love to make decks and spreadsheets; use of other project management tools is a plus!
- Business acumen and savviness to navigate through our organization structure
- Track record in project and business management
- Interest or experience in digital media or technology preferred
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
- Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.