BuzzFeed is looking for a collaborative, dedicated Office and Administrative Manager to work out of our Australian headquarters in Sydney. Reporting to a VP of Facilities based in Los Angeles, you will be the local conduit for office services and security, and partner with international team members to ensure Admin information, process and programs are communicated between local office and admin departments.
- Provide administrative assistance to executive team members and management including calendar management and processing Travel and Entertainment expenses through Concur.
- Provide end-to-end ownership of major operational projects across business and content functions, including framework development, project management and data analysis
- Manage the facility regarding coordinating maintenance and services and work with the Landlord on an as-directed basis
- Ensure that the facilities follow strict security processes and compliance standards
- Manage all food service calendar and vendors, and manage local event schedules and planning
- Handle front desk reception and assist with deliveries and receipt of all incoming mail and packages
- Handle guest registration and security access needs
- Work to secure real estate as needed
- Manage floor planning and moves/adds
- Oversee all vendor relationships regarding Office Services/Facilities/Security
- Collaborate with your partners including PR, Sales, Marketing, HR, News and Business to coordinate events. This will include working with vendors on all aspects of event fulfillment.
- Work with the local office’s HR Business Partner and local leaders to manage local employee onboarding; and supporting International Benefits, Learning & Development, the annual HR calendar, local culture club events
Finance and Accounting
- Manage the local Office Services/Facilities budgets and follow reporting as needed by international partners
- Process Office Services-related invoices in to Concur
- Communicate with BuzzFeed HQ on budgetary, finance and expense related matters
- 3+ years of experience in a similar administrative role
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail
- Self-starter who takes initiative and ownership of projects
- Experience with Envoy visitor management or similar
- Strategic thinker who can also operationalise a plan
- Clearly demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed setting, balancing multiple competing priorities on tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Excellent communicator who builds rapport and credibility with others at all levels easily
- Previous experience in media, advertising or tech a plus
- A positive attitude!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and extensive benefits program featuring PTO, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Growth Marketing Leader
Associate Marketing Manager, Content & Copy
Ibotta, Denver, CO
Manager, Demand Planning (Europe)
Allbirds, Allbirds London
Rider Marketing Coordinator
Technical Support Representative
Strava, San Francisco, CA or Denver, CO