BuzzFeed is a global leader when it comes to scrutinising internet culture, and we are looking for a gutsy and ambitious reporter who can head up our Australian coverage in this space.
We want someone who goes beyond the social media story of the day to deliver scoops, be the first to pick up emerging trends, track the spread of information and lies and hold tech companies and politicians to account.
Our ideal candidate will dig into the interesting and the ugly corners of the internet to uncover new information, and write informed and thoughtful analysis of how online communities and movements are shaping Australian politics, media and everyday life.
You will report to the Editor of BuzzFeed News Australia and work collaboratively with a small, dynamic team in our Sydney office.
- Obsessed with the Australian internet and online culture
- Tapped into the biggest conversations and emerging trends on the social web
- Connected with a network of sources who will give BuzzFeed a jump on the news our readers want
- Able to come up with your own story ideas and pitch them day in, day out
- Ready to hit the phones for original reporting
- A team player
- Comfortable writing breaking news and features
- At least three years experience as a reporter
- A track record of spotting scoops and reporting them out
- An eye for shareable headlines, copy text and thumbnail images
- Strong writing skills and the ability to turn around copy quickly
- A good sense of humour
- An established social media presence
- Experience covering Australian politics is a plus
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1600 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We fuse hard work and fun, through a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, and humble confidence. As an employee, you’ll enjoy perks like office events, snacks, career development courses, and no work on your birthday! But most importantly, you’ll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.
New media giant, BuzzFeed, attracts over 200 million unique visitors per month, or more quantifiably, everybody on your newsfeed, all the time.
Check out some videos we filmed with their recruiting team to learn how you can land a job at BuzzFeed.
Be a Better BuzzFeed Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BuzzFeed when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BuzzFeed? Visit BuzzFeed's website.
Jobs You May Like
Kobalt Music Group, Miami
Freelance Food Stylist
HelloFresh, Boulder, CO
Lytro, Mountain View, CA
Bulk Handling Systems
Bulk Handling Systems, Bulk Handling Systems
Shopping and Products Writer
Shopping and Products Editor